Monday, January 4, 2010

1/52 things left behind, and bach

Dear Pirate,

I'm glad you have spare keys--sometimes they come in handy, you know. And now you have yet another fun note to top off your ever-increasing "interesting travel stories" (although Mom certainly wasn't thrilled).

Last night after you left, the house seemed very quiet and we kind of moped around. We wanted to read the Sunday newspaper but--thanks to our lovely weather--couldn't find it. Zac used his old baseball bat to "slash through" the snow but came back empty handed, and I (armed with a shovel this time) tried to prove him wrong, but to no avail. (Later we called the carriers and they promptly delivered one.) For the longest time, I couldn't even get one word in the crossword. How lame is that?? Later I tried taking a few photos and felt void of inspiration. While looking around the house, I walked through the kitchen and noticed your mug. The thought of you having to rush to the airport before you could finish your coffee seemed so awful and made me realize how much I'd miss our afternoon tea and such. (Yes, this is me being dramatic. Enjoy it while it lasts.)

Anyways.

I'll try to make future posts better (whatever that means), but I'm somewhat brain-dead at the moment. I just finished some more practicing...and it was humbling, to say the least. Of course, thanks to our endless feasting, fireplace-chatting, jamming, cooking&baking, late-night-talking, and all those other wonderful things we did while you were home, my hands are quite out of shape. I wasn't expecting to race through the tricky passages in one of my accompaniment pieces, and I most certainly didn't think I'd nail the octaves in the Saint-Saens. And I didn't. Still, getting back to it was so good and time flew. I was reminded of how much I love the piano...even though it is often incredibly frustrating, makes my whole body stiffen, and is probably the cause of my failing eyesight. Learning Bach Fugues can do that to a person. However--and I am still partially referring to the fugues, though this includes much, much more--the blood, sweat, and tears (and aches)...it'll all be worth it. "Love always perseveres," right? *grin*

Well, I'm turning off the fireplace and going to bed. I lubba yew a yot.

Muffin

P.S. Why am I "Muffin"? I tried explaining to Mom and Zac earlier and we had a bit of trouble figuring that out. haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment